Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management reflects the role of workers who are middle managers or managers across a range of community sector organisations. These people work independently and report to executive management, directors or boards of management. They undertake a range of functions requiring the application of knowledge and skills to achieve results in line with the organisation’s goals and strategic directions.
At this level, workers have responsibility for planning and monitoring service delivery, recruitment and performance management of other paid or unpaid workers, managing risk and contributing to continuous improvement within the scope of their specific role. This may include management of a specific programs or projects, or broader management of a community-based organisation, early childhood education service, not-for-profit organisation or community centre.
DP Training’s clients are dominantly existing workers/supervisors/managers who have at least 12 months experience across a number of industry sectors including childcare and community services and the health industry and whom are seeking higher level skills and knowledge to support their job role.
What You Achieve
• CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
• Pathway to tertiary education
• Leadership. Building and maximising team performance
• Change Management & Innovation
• Service co-ordination
• Legislation and compliance
• Business operation skills
• Risk assessment
• Effective recruiting, coaching and performance management of staff
• Managing diversity with staff and stakeholders
• Ethics in the workplace
• Managing finances and accounts
• Working to a business model