This course describes the purpose of a business plan, its essential components and how those components contribute to improving the success of your new venture.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the purpose of a business plan
- Identify and review the essential components of a business plan
- Identify and document business goals and objectives as a basis for measuring business performance
- Research resources, legal and compliance requirements, specifically in relation to work health and safety (WHS), in accordance with business goals and objectives
- Research market needs, and market size and potential
- Identify sources and costs of finance, from financial plan, to provide required liquidity and profitability for the business
- Identify methods, from marketing strategies, to promote market exposure of the business
- Identify methods or means of production or operation from production or operations plan to conform with business goals and objectives
- Identify staffing requirements to effectively produce or deliver products and services
- Identify, assess and prioritise internal and external risks
- Identify specialist services and sources of advice, where required, and cost in accordance with available resources
- Identify specific interests and objectives of relevant people and seek and confirm their support of planned business direction
- Identify and develop risk management strategies according to business goals and objectives, and relevant legal requirements
- Develop a contingency plan to address possible areas of non-conformance with the plan
This short course is applicable for anyone who is interested in starting a new business or new business project. Please note that this course is self-paced and ONLINE.
As well as learning about the above business plan essentials, DP Training & Consultancy and to support your professional growth and development through the 5 Cs.
- COURAGE: The courage to apply what you learn to your own business plan
- CARING: To consider how your business impacts on others and how you will care for them
- CONFIDENCE: That by moving through this short course, it will improve your confidence around business planning and maybe even to take the next step toward your dreams
- COMPETENCE: Through practice and application you will gain business planning competence including research & resourcefulness
- COMMITMENT: By doing this course you are making a commitment to yourself to learn and take another step toward your business or project goal.
This course is proudly funded by the Queensland Government as part of the Qld Economic Recovery Plan. This online short courses is free for:
- Qld small business owners
- Qld small business operators
- Qld small business employees who:
- are under-employed or,
- were stood down from a small business, or
- who wish to start a small business as a result of the COVID-19 crisis
- Self-paced (up to 3 months)
- Course content that aligns with national qualifications
- Tech support (any issues, give us a call or email)
- Option to access a business support trainer face-to-face at Bowen Hills, Brisbane venue (Wednesdays)
- Phone, email and/or zoom access to business trainer to answer questions
- Certificate of completion
By completing all the questions and activities in this course, you ‘may’ be considered for partial ‘recognised prior learning (RPL) – so keep a copy of all your questions and answers (print).
Register Your Place Before March 2021
To register your place, select the below criteria that applies to you:
REGISTER HERE if you are a Queensland based small business (with less than 20 employees) who has been impacted by COVID-19
If you do not qualify for the free training, please give us a call as you can still do this short course for a small fee.
If you have any other questions about this or any other course offered by DP Training and Consultancy, please give us a call on 1300 130 487 or email.