This skill set reflects the skills required to provide support a person to self-administer medication. This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support. Covering topics including basic anatomy and physiology, physical assistance skills and techniques including incident reporting and standard documentation, participants will need to complete two (2) units of competency, detailed below.
- HLTAAP001 Recognise Healthy Body Systems
- HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with Medication
- Course Duration 25 hours – allocation of 7 hours per week for 3 weeks followed by 4 hour practical simulation.
- Delivery is via a Blended delivery modes
- This course will be delivered predominately using Distance Education delivery with learners participating in scheduled Practical simulated workshops, in order to demonstrate that skills have been learnt and assessed in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions.
Distance Education Delivery Mode
- Learner will be provided with the training and assessment resource materials
- Trainers/Assessors will be available through D P Training email and telephone during business hours – Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm to assist with learner’s questions and enquiries.
Classroom – Practical simulated workshops OR Workplace Delivery Mode
- DP Training will provide training and assessment of learners in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions and meets the skill requirements for each Unit of Competency. This will meet the Assessment Conditions as described in the training package.
- These practical simulated workshops will be available for learners to attend throughout the year scheduled for – Wednesdays –from 12:00pm – 4:00pm in the Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast Campuses.
- These practical workshops will be conducted to learners to ensure that all aspects of the performance evidence for each UoC has been demonstrated
- DP Training will provide 4 hour practical workplace delivery for employers whom seek to up skill their community services and/or health care staff, at the employer’s workplace
DP Training accepts and provides credit transfers to learners whom have authenticated and verified VET transcripts and AQF certification documentation issued by another Registered Training Organisation.
Learners will be required to be an existing worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants.
and hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving the provision of direct client care or support.
Upcoming Workshop Dates
Regular workshops are run from our Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast training locations providing you the flexibility to fit in with your work schedule. Please see our upcoming training opportunities below. Workshop timetables subject to numbers.
- 7th July, 4th August, 1st September, 6th October, 3rd November, 1st December (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm) Gold Coast Unit 7, 52 Davenport Street, Southport QLD 4215
- 14th July, 11th August 2021, 8th September, 13th October, 10th November , 8th December (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm) Brisbane 162 Abbotsford Road, Bowen Hills QLD 4006
- 21st July 2021, 18th August, 15th September, 20th October, 17th November, 15th December (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm) Sunshine Coast Unit 5/18-22 First Avenue, Maroochydore QLD 4558
Fee For Service (not eligible for government funding)
- A Full Fee paying student – total course fee $485
To commence a $250 deposit is required prior to commencing training and assessment, with weekly, fortnightly and monthly payment plans to pay the remaining fees.
For full fee deposit and payment options, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook – https://www.dptraining.com.au
Queensland Government Funding
Higher Level Skills Funding, a Queensland Government Initiative
The Higher Level Skills Program aims to assist individuals to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in a priority industry, or to transition to university.
DP Training is able to offer Queensland Government funding to eligible students, under the Higher Level skills Program. If a person is eligible for funding under Higher Level skills Program, the Queensland Government will subsidise the costs of their accredited training, although a student contribution fee will be required.
The co-contribution fees are:
- Concessional – $70.00
- Non-concessional – $70.00
For further information on the Certificate IV Higher Level Skills program, refer to https://training.qld.gov.au/providers/funded/higher-level-skills