This skill set reflects the skills required to provide support a person to self-administer medication. This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support. Covering topics including basic anatomy and physiology, physical assistance skills and techniques including incident reporting and standard documentation, participants will need to complete two (2) units of competency, detailed below.
- HLTAAP001 Recognise Healthy Body Systems
- HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with Medication
Course Duration and Delivery
- Course Duration 25 hours – allocation of 7 hours per week for 3 weeks followed by 4 hour practical simulation.
- Delivery is via a Blended delivery modes
- This course will be delivered predominately using Distance Education delivery with learners participating in scheduled Practical simulated workshops, in order to demonstrate that skills have been learnt and assessed in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions.
Upcoming Workshop Dates
Regular workshops are run from our Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast training locations providing you the flexibility to fit in with your work schedule. Please see our upcoming training opportunities below. Workshop timetables subject to numbers.
- 7th October, 2nd December (Time: 12.30pm – 4.30pm) Gold Coast Unit 7, 52 Davenport Street, Southport QLD 4215
- 14th October, 9th December (Time: 12.30pm – 4.30pm) Brisbane 162 Abbotsford Road, Bowen Hills QLD 4006
- 21st October, 16th December (Time: 12.30pm – 4.30pm) Sunshine Coast Unit 5/18-22 First Avenue, Maroochydore QLD 4558
Distance Education Delivery Mode
- Learner will be provided with the training and assessment resource materials
- Trainers/Assessors will be available through D P Training email and telephone during business hours – Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm to assist with learner’s questions and enquiries.
Classroom – Practical simulated workshops OR Workplace Delivery Mode
- DP Training will provide training and assessment of learners in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions and meets the skill requirements for each Unit of Competency. This will meet the Assessment Conditions as described in the training package.
- These practical simulated workshops will be available for learners to attend throughout the year scheduled for – Wednesdays –from 12:00pm – 4:00pm in the Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast Campuses.
- These practical workshops will be conducted to learners to ensure that all aspects of the performance evidence for each UoC has been demonstrated
- DP Training will provide 4 hour practical workplace delivery for employers whom seek to up skill their community services and/or health care staff, at the employer’s workplace
DP Training accepts and provides credit transfers to learners whom have authenticated and verified VET transcripts and AQF certification documentation issued by another Registered Training Organisation.
Queensland Residents ONLY
Queensland Government – Higher Level Skills Funding
Learners will be required to meet the Higher Level Skills Funding eligibility requirements and to contribute to the costs of their training through a co-contribution fee.
Learners will be required to be an existing worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants.
and hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving the provision of direct client care or support.
The co-contribution fees are:
- Concessional – $70.00
- Non-concessional – $70.00
Fee for Service
$485 with the provision that:
- $250.00 must be paid as a deposit prior to the commencement of training and assessment delivery, The remainder must be paid prior to finishing the training and assessment