This skill set reflects the skill requirements for supporting people who require basic foot skin and nail care. It provides a skill set for people working in various care and support roles in the community services sector who wish to develop skills in providing basic foot, skin and nail care.
This skill set is for existing workers who are wanting to provide basic foot, skin and nail care as identified by a relevant health professional. Occupational titles include:
- Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Assistant in Nursing
- Care worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Personal Care Attendant
Course Duration – 34 Hours
This course is delivered via blended model which includes:
- Online delivery for three units of competency
- One day per week Trainer led support sessions with trainer 9.00am – 3:00pm
- Practical Simulation 4 hours
Workplace Assessment will include on-the-job activities on actual clients of a workplace, under the direct supervision of a Trainer/Assessor
Course Structure – CHCSS00071 Basic Foot Care Skill Set
In order to gain the Skill Set, 3 units of competency must be completed for this qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCCCS013||Provide basic foot care|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
Students will be provided with all the Student training and assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The target learner are people who are currently working in various care and support roles in the community services industry who wish to develop skills in providing basic foot, skin and nail care.
The target learners and entry requirements for this course must:
- Hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving direct client care or support
- be over 15 years of age, who have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have
- access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
- Photo Identification (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- All Completed forms from the enrolment pack
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
- Copy of Certificate III Qualification
*Full Fee for Service Program Fee: $735
Funded via Investing in Skills – Certificate 3 Guarantee, a Queensland Government Initiative
Please refer to
And for student contribution fees – https://www.dptraining.com.au/individual-funding-available
**Concessional co-contribution fee – $15; or non-concessional co-contribution fee – $20
*For full fee deposit and payment options, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook – https://www.dptraining.com.au.
**For co-contribution eligibility and payment requirements, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook.