This skill set reflects the skill requirements for supporting people with disability. It provides a set of skills to support the induction of new workers or workers who are employed in the community services industry into a variety of roles supporting people with disability.
These units provide credit towards a range of qualifications including the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
This skill set is for workers entering the disability sector who may work under the following occupational titles:
- Support Worker
- Care worker
- Disability Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Personal Care Attendant
Course Duration – 44 Hours
This course is delivered via blended model which includes:
- Online delivery for four units of competency
- One day per week Trainer led support sessions with trainer 9.00am – 3:00pm
- Practical Simulation 4 hours
- Workplace Assessment will include on-the-job activities on actual clients of a workplace, under the direct supervision of a Trainer/Assessor.
Course Structure – CHCSS00081 Introduction to Disability Skill Set
In order to gain the Skill Set, 4 units of competency must be completed for this qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health and community services|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
Students will be provided with all the Student training and assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The target learner are people who are a new worker or workers who are currently working in various care and support roles in the community services industry who wish to develop skills in supporting people with a Disability.
The target learners and entry requirements for this course must:
- NOT hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support for persons who have disabilities, and/or
- Require formal training and assessment in this Skill Set as per their organisation’s guidelines or employment requirements.
- be over 15 years of age, who have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have
- access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
- Photo Identification (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- All Completed forms from the enrolment pack
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
*Full Fee for Service Program Fee: $960
Funded via Investing in Skills – Certificate 3 Guarantee, a Queensland Government Initiative
And for student contribution fees – https://www.dptraining.com.au/individual-funding-available
**Concessional co-contribution fee – $15; or non-concessional co-contribution fee – $20
*For full fee deposit and payment options, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook – https://www.dptraining.com.au. **For co-contribution eligibility and payment requirements, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook.