This skill set reflects the skills required for work supporting people with complex care needs requiring high levels of support in a disability context.
This skill set is to support those that already hold a Certificate lll or Higher Qualification in the sector and who are an existing worker in the Disability Industry providing direct client care or support and seek to expand their skills and knowledge to provide a high level of care.
Occupational titles for existing workers may include:
- Support Worker
- Team Leader
- Disability Support Worker
- Behaviour support Officer
- Senior personal care assistant
This course is delivered via blended model which includes:
- Course Duration 224 hours
- Distance Education for four units of competency
- One day per week Trainer led support sessions with trainer 9.00am – 3:00pm
- Practical Simulation 16 hours
- All learners will be offered the opportunity for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment, who consider that they have and can successfully demonstrate that they have acquired through formal, non-formal and informal learning the required knowledge and skills specified in the training package. Learners may apply to have their knowledge and skills assessed via the RPL process and will be required to complete a RPL Application and the relevant RPL Assessment Kit.
Course Entry Requirements
The target learner are people whom are an existing worker in the Disability Services Sector. The target learners and entry requirements for this course must:
- hold a Certificate lll in Individual Support (or equivalent)
- be over 15 years of age, whom have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have
- access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
Course Structure – CHCSS00094 High Support and Complex Care Disability Skill Set
In order to gain the Skill Set, 4 units of competency must be completed for this qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCDIS004||Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication strategies|
|CHCDIS005||Develop and provide person-centred service responses|
|CHCDIS010||Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs|
|HLTHPS007||Administer and monitor medications|
Students will be provided with all the Student training and assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
Please be advised the following documents will be required to be submitted with your enrolment:
- Proof of ID+ residency: Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (If passport provided please provide a copy of bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address)
- Proof of citizenship: Colour copy of either: current green Medicare card; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Evidence of the Certificate III in Individual Support (or superseded qualification)
- A colour copy of your Centrelink health care card or pension card if applicable
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia
- National Police Check Certificate (Required before Vocational Placement can commence). (DP Training can process an application on your behalf – additional fee charged for the police check $49.90) (Class based delivery)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
If you do not hold a USI Number or have forgotten your USI Number, please visit the link provided below: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi
Fee For Service (not eligible for government funding)
- A Full Fee paying student – total course fee $690
To commence a $250 deposit is required prior to commencing training and assessment, with weekly, fortnightly and monthly payment plans to pay the remaining fees.
For full fee deposit and payment options, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook – https://www.dptraining.com.au
Queensland Government Funding
Higher Level Skills Funding, a Queensland Government Initiative
The Higher Level Skills Program aims to assist individuals to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in a priority industry, or to transition to university.
DP Training is able to offer Queensland Government funding to eligible students, under the Higher Level skills Program. If a person is eligible for funding under Higher Level skills Program, the Queensland Government will subsidise the costs of their accredited training, although a student contribution fee will be required.
Call DP Training to check if you meet the eligibility criteria, the student contribution fee # can be as little as $15 for a concession card holder or $20 for non-concession enrolment.
For further information on the Certificate IV Higher Level Skills program, refer to https://training.qld.gov.au/providers/funded/higher-level-skills