This skill set reflects the skills required for work supporting people with complex care needs requiring high levels of support in a disability context.
This skill set is to support those that already hold a Certificate lll or Higher Qualification in the sector and who are an existing worker in the Disability Industry providing direct client care or support and seek to expand their skills and knowledge to provide a high level of care.
Occupational titles for existing workers may include:
- Support Worker
- Team Leader
- Disability Support Worker
- Behaviour support Officer
- Senior personal care assistant
Course Duration – 224 Hours
This course is delivered via blended model which includes;
- Distance Education for four units of competency
- Practical Simulation 16 hours
- All learners will be offered the opportunity for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment, who consider that they have and can successfully demonstrate that they have acquired through formal, non-formal and informal learning the required knowledge and skills specified in the training package. Learners may apply to have their knowledge and skills assessed via the RPL process and will be required to complete a RPL Application and the relevant RPL Assessment Kit.
Course Structure – CHCSS00094 High Support and Complex Care Disability Skill Set
In order to gain the Skill Set, 4 units of competency must be completed for this qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCDIS004||Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication strategies|
|CHCDIS005||Develop and provide person-centred service responses|
|CHCDIS010||Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs|
|HLTHPS007||Administer and monitor medications|
Students will be provided with all the Student training and assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The target learner are people whom are an existing worker in the Disability Services Sector. The target learners and entry requirements for this course must:
- hold a Certificate lll in Individual Support (or equivalent)
- be over 15 years of age, whom have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have
- access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
- Photo Identification (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- All Completed forms from the enrolment pack
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
*Full Fee for Service Program Fee: $960
Funded via Investing in Skills – Higher Level Skills Funding, a Queensland Government Initiative
Please refer to https://www.dptraining.com.au/userfiles/file/hls%2Dstudent%2Dfactsheet.pdf
And for student contribution fees – https://www.dptraining.com.au/individual-funding-available
**Concessional co-contribution fee – $15; Non-concessional co-contribution fee – $20
*For full fee and fee for service Assessment ONLY (RPL) deposit and payment options, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook – https://www.dptraining.com.au
**For co-contribution eligibility and payment requirements, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook – https://www.dptraining.com.au