This skill set reflects the skill requirements for providing person centred support to older people in various settings. This skill set is to support those that already hold a Certificate lll Qualification in this sector and who are an existing worker in the field to expand their skills and knowledge to provide care and support to older people.
Occupational titles for existing workers may include:
- Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Assistant in Nursing
- Care worker
- Disability Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Personal Care Attendant
This course is delivered via blended model which includes:
- Course Duration 34 hours
- Online delivery for three units of competency
- One day per week Trainer led support sessions with trainer 9.00am – 3:00pm
- Practical Simulation 4 hours
Course Entry Requirements
The target learner are people whom are new or are an existing worker in the community services & health industry in a role that involves the provision of direct client care and support. The target learners and entry requirements for this course must:
- hold a Certificate lll in Individual Support (or equivalent)
- be over 15 years of age, whom have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have
- access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
Course Structure – CHCSS00097 Individual Support Ageing Skill Set
In order to gain the Skill Set, 3 units of competency must be completed for this qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
# To receive an award for this skill set Students are required to complete all units listed above as competent within a period of 12 months.
Students will be provided with all the Student training and assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
Please be advised the following documents will be required to be submitted with your enrolment:
- Proof of ID+ residency: Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (If passport provided please provide a copy of bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address)
- Proof of citizenship: Colour copy of either: current green Medicare card; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Evidence of the Certificate III in Individual Support (or superseded qualification)
- A colour copy of your Centrelink health care card or pension card if applicable
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia
- National Police Check Certificate (Required before Vocational Placement can commence). (DP Training can process an application on your behalf – additional fee charged for the police check $49.90) (Class based delivery)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
If you do not hold a USI Number or have forgotten your USI Number, please visit the link provided below: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi
Fee For Service (not eligible for government funding)
- A Full Fee paying student – total course fee $735
To commence a $250 deposit is required prior to commencing training and assessment, with weekly, fortnightly and monthly payment plans to pay the remaining fees.
For full fee deposit and payment options, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook – https://www.dptraining.com.au
Queensland Government Funding
Higher Level Skills Funding, a Queensland Government Initiative
The Higher Level Skills Program aims to assist individuals to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in a priority industry, or to transition to university.
DP Training is able to offer Queensland Government funding to eligible students, under the Higher Level skills Program. If a person is eligible for funding under Higher Level skills Program, the Queensland Government will subsidise the costs of their accredited training, although a student contribution fee will be required.
The co-contribution fees are:
- Concessional – $70.00
- Non-concessional – $70.00
For further information on the Certificate IV Higher Level Skills program, refer to https://training.qld.gov.au/providers/funded/higher-level-skills