This skill set reflects the skill requirements for providing person centred support to older people in various settings. This skill set is to support those that already hold a Certificate lll Qualification in this sector and who are an existing worker in the field to expand their skills and knowledge to provide care and support to older people.
Occupational titles for existing
workers may include:
- Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Assistant in Nursing
- Care worker
- Disability Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Personal Care Attendant
Course Duration – 34 Hours
This course is delivered via blended model which includes;
- Online delivery for three units of competency
- One day per week Trainer led support sessions with trainer 9.00am – 3:00pm
- Practical Simulation 4 hours
- Workplace Assessment
Course Structure – CHCSS00097 Individual Support Ageing Skill Set
In order to gain the Skill Set, 3 units of competency must be completed for this qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
# To receive an award for this skill set Students are required to complete all units listed above as competent within a period of 12 months.
Students will be provided with all the Student training and assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The target learner are people whom are new or are an existing worker in the community services & health industry in a role that involves the provision of direct client care and support. The target learners and entry requirements for this course must:
- hold a Certificate lll in Individual Support (or equivalent)
- be over 15 years of age, whom have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have
- access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
- Photo Identification (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- All Completed forms from the enrolment pack
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
- Sunshine Coast
- Gold Coast
*Full Fee for Service Program Fee: $735
Queensland Government – Higher Level Skills Funding
Learners will be required to meet the Higher Level Skills Funding eligibility requirements and to contribute to the costs of their training through a co-contribution fee.
Learners will be required to be an existing worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants.
The co-contribution fees are:
- Concessional – $70.00
- Non-concessional – $70.00