This workshop is designed as an awareness session which will benefit all carers/support workers who work with people who suffer from epilepsy.
The workshop helps to give an understanding of the types of seizures that you may observe and how to manage them.
- Overview/History of Epilepsy
- What are causes of Epilepsy
- Different types of seizures/classification
- Triggers of seizures
- First Aid
- Midazolam and Medication Administration
- How to monitor and record seizure activity
- The health and social implications of epilepsy
- The role of a carer for a person with epilepsy
Workshop Duration: 2 hours
Upcoming Workshop Dates
Regular workshops are run from our Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast training locations providing you the flexibility to fit in with your work schedule. Please see our upcoming training opportunities below. Workshop timetables subject to numbers.
Gold Coast: Unit 7, 52 Davenport Street, Southport QLD 4215
- 21st July 2021 (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm)
- 15th September 2021 (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm)
- 17th November 2021 (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm)
Brisbane: 162 Abbotsford Road, Bowen Hills QLD 4006
- 7th July 2021 (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm)
- 1st September 2021 (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm)
- 3rd November 2021 (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm)
Sunshine Coast: Unit 5/18-22 First Avenue, Maroochydore QLD 4558
- 14th July 2021 (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm)
- 8th September 2021 (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm)
- 10th November 2021 (Time:1.00pm – 4.00pm)
Virtual Classroom: Online via Zoom session
- 28th July 2021 (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm)
- 22nd September 2021 (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm)
- 24th November 2021 (Time:1.00pm – 4.00pm)
Phone us today to discuss group training options within your workplace.
The Full course fee $65-00 is required prior to attending the workshop.
The following documents will be required to be submitted with your enrolment:
- Photographic identification (ID)
Feedback received from group training session for Support Workers
“I attended Epilepsy training yesterday and would just like to give you the feedback that it was great. The Trainer is a brilliant teacher and the whole session was very relevant to all staff – including mental health. Many years ago I spent 3 years training as a Psychopaedic nurse and education around epilepsy, seizures etc was a large part of this, therefore I was a little sceptical as to how much I would learn. However I was bowled over by what I was hearing yesterday. Ian was able to relate to all in the room and spoke in a very down to earth, practical language. I am sharing this feedback with anyone I can think off as I was so impressed”
C Welch –Senior Coordinator, Residential Support,