A set of skills to follow organisational infection prevention and control policies and procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks in organisations operating in the transport and logistics industry.
This skill set is for individuals working in various capacities in transport and logistics who require the skills and knowledge to decrease the risk of and transmission of infection whilst carrying out their daily duties. This accredited skill set will provide businesses with the opportunity to comply with the government’s mandatory COVID safe training that is for high risk industries.
Individuals successfully completing HLTSS00067 Infection control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics) will follow established organisation infection prevention and control procedures, specific to the Transport and Logistics Industry
Participants will learn a range of skills including:
- Hand hygiene and care of hand
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- Handling of waste
- Limitation of contamination
- Surface cleaning
Course Duration – 25 Hours
This course is delivered via blended model which includes;
- Online delivery for one unit of competency HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- One day per week Trainer led support sessions with trainer 9.00am – 3:00pm
- Practical Simulation 1 hour
- Workplace Assessment 1 hour will include on-the-job activities on actual clients of a workplace, under the direct supervision of a Trainer/Assessor
Course Structure – HLTSS00067 Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics)
In order to gain the Skill Set, 1 unit of competency must be completed for this qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|HLTINFCOV001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
# To receive an award for this skill set Students are required to complete all units listed above as competent within a period of 12 months.
Students will be provided with all the Student training and assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
Course Entry Requirements
This skill set is aimed at currently employed workers or volunteers in customer-facing roles, including business owners and supervisors (aged 17 years or older) who are in the transport and logistics sector. The target learners and entry requirements for this course must:
- Must be employed and have the ability to complete required assessment tasks in the workplace
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
- Photo Identification (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- Enrolment Form
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
- Richmond Tweed
- Coffs Harbour
- Port Macquarie
New South Wales Government – Smart and Skilled Funding (New South Wales Residents ONLY)
Learners will be required to meet the Smart and Skilled Funding eligibility requirements for fee free training. You may be eligible for Smart and Skilled funding for this skill set training if you:
- are aged 15 years or older
- have left school (or in school and have a part time job)
- live or work in New South Wales
- are an Australian citizen permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
Full Fee for Service Program Fee (Students who reside outside of NSW)
*For full fee deposit and payment options, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook – https://www.dptraining.com.au