This course describes the skills and knowledge required to formulate and implement actions to develop and sustain a small business. It applies to small business owners who operate independently, or as part of a larger organisation.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this course, but a certificate of participation is available on completion.
This course covers the below topics of information.
- Identify the Areas of Business to Strengthen, Improve and Grow
- Benchmark, Research and/or Innovate
- Formulate Strategies
- Plan & Implement
- Monitor and Review
- Further reading suggestions
- Tools and templates
As well as learning how to strengthen and grow your small business, we also hope to help you to to meet DP Training & Consultancy’s 5C’s of professional growth and development.
- COURAGE: The courage to apply what you learn to your own business.
- CARING: To consider how your business impacts on others and how you will care for them
- CONFIDENCE: That by moving through this short course, it will improve your confidence around business development strategies and maybe even to take the next step in your business.
- COMPETENCE: Through practice and application you will gain business development competence including research & resourcefulness.
- COMMITMENT: By doing this course you are making a commitment to yourself to learn and take another step toward your business or project goal.
This course is proudly funded by the Queensland Government as part of the Qld Economic Recovery Plan. This online short courses is free for:
- Qld small business owners
- Qld small business operators
- Qld small business employees or ex-employees who:
- are under-employed or,
- were stood down from a small business, or
- Qld volunteers who wish to gain work in or start a small business as a result of the COVID-19 crisis
- Self-paced (up to 3 months)
- Course content that aligns with national qualifications
- Tech support (any issues, give us a call or email)
- Option to access a business support trainer face-to-face at Bowen Hills, Brisbane venue (Wednesdays)
- Phone, email and/or zoom access to business trainer to answer questions
- Certificate of Participation
Register Your Place Before June 2021
To register your place, select the below criteria that applies to you:
REGISTER HERE if you are a Queensland based small business OWNER (with less than 20 employees) who has been impacted by COVID-19
If you do not qualify for the free training, please give us a call as you can still do this short course for a small fee.
If you have any other questions about this or any other course offered by DP Training and Consultancy, please give us a call on 1300 130 487 or email.