This workshop is designed specifically for carers supporting clients who have a PEG (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy) tube and require feeding via the tube.
This workshop supports carers to develop the knowledge and skills required to care and support the person with feeding, assist in the care and management of the PEG and appreciate the significance of the tube.
- What is a PEG.
- Why a PEG is inserted.
- How is the PEG managed.
- Feeding Regimes.
- Management of the tube and gastrostomy site.
- Administration of nutrients, fluids and medications.
- Identification and management of common problems.
- A practical session for participants to show competency in feeding via a PEG tube.
Workshop Duration: 3 hours
Upcoming Workshop Dates
Regular workshops are run from our Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast training locations providing you the flexibility to fit in with your work schedule. Please see our upcoming training opportunities below. Workshop timetables subject to numbers.
- 4th November (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm) Gold Coast Unit 7, 52 Davenport Street, Southport QLD 4215
- 11th November (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm) Brisbane 162 Abbotsford Road, Bowen Hills QLD 4006
- 18th November (Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm) Sunshine Coast Unit 5/18-22 First Avenue, Maroochydore QLD 4558
Phone us today to discuss group training options within your workplace.