This skill set reflects the skill requirements for supporting people who require basic foot skin and nail care. It provides a skill set for people working in various care and support roles in the community services sector who wish to develop skills in providing basic foot, skin and nail care. This skill set is for existing workers who are wanting to provide basic foot, skin and nail care as identified by a relevant health professional.
Occupational titles include:
- Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Assistant in Nursing
- Care worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Personal Care Attendant
This course is delivered via blended model which includes:
- Course Duration 34 hours
- Online delivery for three units of competency
- One day per week Trainer led support sessions with trainer 9.00am – 3:00pm
- Practical Simulation 4 hours
- Workplace Assessment will include on-the-job activities on actual clients of a workplace, under the direct supervision of a Trainer/Assessor
Course Entry Requirements
The target learner are people who are currently working in various care and support roles in the community services industry who wish to develop skills in providing basic foot, skin and nail care.
The target learners and entry requirements for this course must:
- Hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving direct client care or support
- be over 15 years of age, who have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have
- access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
Course Structure – CHCSS00071 Basic Foot Care Skill Set
In order to gain the Skill Set, 3 units of competency must be completed for this qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCCCS013||Provide basic foot care|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
Students will be provided with all the Student training and assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
Please be advised the following documents will be required to be submitted with your enrolment:
- Proof of ID+ residency: Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (If passport provided please provide a copy of bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address)
- Proof of citizenship: Colour copy of either: current green Medicare card; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Evidence of the Certificate III or higher in an area involving direct client care or support
- A colour copy of your Centrelink health care card or pension card if applicable
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia
- National Police Check Certificate (Required before Vocational Placement can commence).
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
If you do not hold a USI Number or have forgotten your USI Number, please visit the link provided below: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi
Fee For Service (not eligible for government funding)
- A Full Fee paying student – total course fee $735
To commence a $250 deposit is required prior to commencing training and assessment, with weekly, fortnightly and monthly payment plans to pay the remaining fees.
For full fee deposit and payment options, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook – https://www.dptraining.com.au