What is Fee-free Training for year 12 graduates?
To support Year 12 graduates into work, the Queensland Government offers free training in high priority areas. Eligible Year 12 graduates must enrol and start training in a high priority qualification within the calendar year after leaving school to take advantage of this great opportunity. Free means the Queensland Government will cover the full cost of training in a high priority qualification, so eligible students don’t contribute to training fees.
For further information please refer to the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training website here.
What courses are funded Fee-free?
To be eligible to access fee-free training, you must meet the entry requirements below:
- have completed Year 12 in Queensland and hold a Senior Statement issued by the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority or equivalent certification
- enrol and start an apprenticeship, traineeship or training with an approved training provider in a high priority qualification by 31 December the year after graduating (e.g. 2019 graduates have to start by 31 December 2020)
- permanently reside in Queensland.
Individuals who hold a visa must also ensure their visa subclass is eligible for subsidised training.
Eligibility rules also apply for apprenticeships and traineeships.
How to Apply?
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to complete an enrolment form and a Literacy, Language and Numeracy indicator (LLN) online using the link below;
Please be advised the following documents will be required to be submitted with your enrolment:
- Completed Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment.
- Proof of ID+ residency: Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (If passport provided please provide a copy of a bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address).
- Proof of citizenship: Colour copy of either: current green Medicare card; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate.
- A colour copy of your Centrelink health care card or pension card if applicable.
- Your Unique Student Identification Number (USI). If you do not hold a USI Number or have forgotten your USI Number, please visit the link provided below: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi
If you have any questions or assistance with your enrolment, please feel free to call 1300 130 487 to speak with our enrolments team.