What is Smart and Skilled Funding?
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It’s helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers. Under Smart and Skilled the NSW Government contributes to the cost of each course with the student paying the balance.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
You are eligible for Smart and Skilled Funding if you are:
- 15 years old or over, and
- no longer at school, and
- living or working in NSW (or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person living in specific NSW border areas), and
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Australian permanent humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
- or are a NSW apprentice or trainee
More information can be found at the Smart and Skilled website or call DP Training to find out if you are eligible for Smart and Skilled funding.
Smart and Skilled – www.smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au