7 Fastest Growing Jobs in Business Service Sector
4 February 2023
Are you still considering business jobs as cubicle farms with suits and 9 to 5 schedules? You are in the wrong!!
There have been notable changes in the business services sector due to the expansion of mining, changing production patterns, and technological advances. Change is driven primarily by technological advances, including the automation of tasks and technologies that facilitate globalisation and offshoring.
As a result of virtual teaming and digital freelancing platforms, employees can collaborate across geographical boundaries, increasing team diversity and agility across industries. Workers are no longer limited to opportunities within one industry alone.
The business services sector has grown enormously in the past few years, accounting for a quarter of Australia’s output and one-fifth of its workforce.
The most common VET-related occupations in this industry are projected to grow in employment over the next few years. An increase of 13% is predicted for General Clerks and 11% for Conference and Event Organisers.
What are Business Services?
Business services refer to an industry that supports a company’s or an organisation’s goals to help them make profits. These services are also responsible for assisting in the organisation’s growth, development, and reach to its customers. These services help companies by providing them with specialised labour, which acts as an asset for the company.
Now let’s learn about the fastest-growing business jobs in Australia.
When choosing a career, consider these growing business service sector jobs that will help you get settled in your career.
Between 2020 and 2030, the accounting field is expected to grow by 10%. So, if you love numbers and pay attention to the basic details, this field is for you. Being an accountant, you have to analyse the organisation’s profits and losses and provide solutions for managing the finances effectively. You must also ensure that the organisation’s financial records are accurate and compliant.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for a marketing manager is expected to grow by about 10% between 2020 and 2030. Marketing management is not a job that is usually defined by cold and hard facts. It is one of the most lucrative jobs. As a marketing manager, you have plenty of opportunities to exercise your creativity. Also, you can work for an advertising agency, create successful ad campaigns, and much more.
If you wish to pursue financial planning as your career, consider yourself helping businesses or individuals in making wise financial choices to meet their financial goals. You can get a more specific position in this field as you can specialise in estate planning, investing or taxes. Financial planners can expect growth in their field by 5% between 2020 and 2030. As a financial planner, you can offer guidance or sell the financial products of your clients to help them accomplish their goals.
In today’s time, supply chain management is the most lucrative job and is experiencing tremendous growth. It is estimated that between 2020 and 2030, logisticians are expected to grow by 30%, which is a huge number. Think about this field as your career if you are a problem-solver. In this job, you will maximise efficiency at every stage before the company’s product is distributed. Managing supply chains requires maintaining relationships with multiple departments and stakeholders, which requires collaboration skills.
Business analytics aims to learn from the past and ensure future success. A business analyst’s job requires you to analyse the data on consumer behaviour, industry trends, and more to guide the organisation in making better and more profitable decisions. This field is flourishing and booming as it is expected to witness about 14% of growth in the year between 2020 and 2030.
The field of human resources is expected to grow by 10% between 2020 and 2030. So, if you have excellent communication skills and love connecting with new people constantly, this would be the perfect fit. As an HR manager, you will be responsible for hiring and training new employees, conducting exit interviews, resolving issues at the workplace, and so much more.
This field is flourishing, and it is expected to witness about 10% of growth in the year between 2020 and 2030. If you have the legal knowledge and confidence to advise on various companies’ legal issues, then you must opt for this field. In this field, you will give advice, guidance, and expertise on the company’s legal matters.
Being an aspiring business professional requires some basic educational qualifications and skills that will help you land your dream job.
- Marketing: In this field, you must use well-researched strategies to target the audience and drive sales. If you have skills and expertise in marketing, you can go for careers like a copywriter, market research analyst, SEO manager, and more.
- Accounting: This field requires you to understand numbers and finances to make others’ businesses successful.
- Economics: This field wants you to explore money, markets, and consumer behaviour. So, this is an excellent field for managers who aspire to work in public affairs.
- Finance: The art of making money is crucial to this field. Working for it as a career requires a degree in finance. You can pick any career, from being a loan officer to a stockbroker.
Business Service Sector Requirements
- Business services require a minimum of 70 hours of mandatory work placement. Also, part-time work may be sufficient to meet the work placement requirements.
- As a VET course, assessments are competency-based and continuous. A student’s performance is evaluated against a prescribed set of criteria – not against the performance of other students. A student is considered either ‘competent’ or ‘not yet competent.
- Records of competencies completed are recorded in an official student log book.
- The HSC exam is liberated from competency-based assessment procedures. It provides no impact on the eligibility of the students for AQF certificates. It is a 2-hour written paper, and the internal assessment will conduct three internal examinations in preparation for HSC purposes.
Our Final Say!
If you wish to start your career in the field of business jobs provided on our list, there is no place better than DP Training to start your career training with. We are here to get you job-ready with our accredited training programs and courses. All accredited courses listed on our scope of registration are Nationally Recognised and comply with the Australian Quality Training Framework and State and Federal regulatory body requirements.
So, visit our website and start studying for your dream job.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which field is best for the future of business?
There are so many fields that are best for the future of business. But some of the most prominent fields are:
- Business Administration
2. What is the highest-paid business job?
The top 5 highest paying business jobs are:
- Human Resource Manager
- Sales Manager
- Operations Manager
- Business Analyst
- Data Scientist
3. What will business jobs boom in the next five years?
It has been predicted that the business sector will boom in the next five years. Business jobs like content marketing, Management analysis, Information systems management, Information security analyst, and Statistician are sure to grow. You can pursue any of these business jobs to settle in life.