This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply a broad range of competencies in a varied work context using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however the preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualification
- with vocational experience assisting in a range of support roles without a formal business qualification.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- customer service adviser
- data entry operator
- general clerk
- payroll officer
- word processing operator
This course is offered over 12 months.
This course is delivered via blended model which includes;
- Online Delivery, with Trainers/Assessors being available Monday – Friday between 8:30am – 4:30pm through email and/or telephone
- Office/business workplace, or for students whom do not have access to office/business workplace, D P training offers business/office classroom simulated environment at D P Training’s Bowen Hills premises
Course Structure – BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
In order to gain the certificate, 12 units must be completed for this qualification, 1 Core unit and 11 Electives.
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Core / Elective|
|BSBWHS302||Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace||Core|
|BSBCMM301||Process customer complaints||Elective|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers||Elective|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity||Elective|
|BSBFLM309||Support continuous improvement systems and processes||Elective|
|BSBINM301||Organise workplace information||Elective|
|BSBADM311||Maintain business resources||Elective|
|BSBWOR301||Organise personal work priorities and development||Elective|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents||Elective|
|BSBFLM303||Contribute to effective workplace relationships||Elective|
|BSBINM302||Utilise a knowledge management system||Elective|
|BSBPRO301||Recommend products and services||Elective|
# Students are required to complete all units listed. The course is expected to be completed in a maximum of twelve months. To attain the certificate all assessments and office/business workplace environment hours are required to be completed.
Students will be provided with all the Student Learning and Assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
Course Entry Requirements
- be over 15 years of age, whom have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
- Photo Identification (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- All Completed forms from the enrolment pack
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
- Ability to complete office/workplace hours, or classroom office simulation at D P Training, Bowen Hills premises
- Sunshine Coast
- Brisbane ( office/workplace simulation available only in Brisbane)
- Gold Coast
*Full Fee for Service Program Fee: $1980
*Fee for Service Assessment ONLY (RPL): $1500
Funded via Investing in Skills – Certificate 3 Guarantee, a Queensland Government Initiative
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification. It also supports school students to access training and Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing free training in high priority qualifications.
Call DP Training to check if you meet the eligibility criteria, the student contribution fee can be as little as $65 for a concession card holder or $95 for non-concession enrolment. See Certificate3Guarantee Fact Sheet here....