This qualification reflects the role of individuals establishing or operating a business providing self-employment, as well as those establishing a new venture as part of a larger organisation.
These individuals use well developed skills and a broad knowledge base to solve a range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have responsibility for the output of others.
In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- Plan finances for new business ventures
- Research and develop business plans
- Build and maintain business relationships
- Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Occupational titles may include:
- Small business owner
- Small business manager
- Small business employee
- Project coordinator
This course is delivered via DP Learnign@Home model, offering the opportunity to study your way
- Training Materials offered using electronic based delivery,
- Trainers/Assessors being available to support you through email and/or telephone contact.
- 10 units of competency
- Office/business workplace access, for students whom do not have access to office/business workplace, DP training offers business/office classroom simulated environment at DP training locations
- The opportunity to participate trainer-led study support sessions weekly for the duration of your course
- Self-paced (up to 12 months to complete)
- Rolling intake, start anytime!
- Any person currently working in the industry has the opportunity to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment only pathway, If you consider yourself to already have the knowledge and skills for the qualification.
- You will be required to successfully demonstrate that you have acquired the required knowledge and skills specified in the training package through formal, non-formal and informal learning. To demonstrate your knowledge and skills assessed via the RPL process, please take our skill assessment below and select RPL on your enrolment form.
Take a 60 sec Skill Assessment Check Now to determine your eligibility for RPL.
This course is delivered via our DP Learning@Home Program , offering a mixture
- block or day release for apprentices
- a combination of the above
This course is delivered nationally.
- Cairns – Nintiringanyi Conference Centre, 16-18 McCormack Street, Cairns QLD 4870
- Brisbane – 162 Abbotsford Road, Bowen Hills QLD 4006
- Gold Coast – Unit 7, 52 Davenport Street, Southport QLD 4215
Course Entry Requirements
- be over 15 years of age, whom have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
Course Structure – BSB42518 Certificate IV in Small Business
This qualification is made up of 10 units of competency (4 core, 6 elective) which reflect the needs of industry.
|Unit Code||Core Unit Name|
|BSBESB401||Research and develop business plans|
|BSBESB402||Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures|
|BSBESB403||Plan finances for new business ventures|
|BSBESB404||Market new business ventures|
|Unit Code||Elective Unit Name|
|BSBESB405||Manage compliance for small businesses|
|BSBESB406||Establish operational strategies and procedures for new business ventures|
|BSBOPS404||Implement customer service strategies|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team|
|BSBOPS401||Coordinate business resources|
|BSBHRM415||Coordinate recruitment and onboarding|
Students will be provided with all the Student Learning and Assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
Please be advised the following documents will be required to be submitted with your enrolment:
- Proof of ID+ residency: Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (If passport provided please provide a copy of bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address)
- Proof of citizenship: Colour copy of either: current green Medicare card; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- A colour copy of your Centrelink health care card or pension card if applicable
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia
- National Police Check Certificate (Required before Vocational Placement can commence). (DP Training can process an application on your behalf – additional fee charged for the police check $49.90) (Class based delivery)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
If you do not hold a USI Number or have forgotten your USI Number, please visit the link provided below: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi
Fee For Service
- A Full Fee paying student – total course fee $2460
- RPL assessment ONLY – total course fee $1500
- Gap training – $100 per unit
To commence a $250 deposit is required prior to commencing training and assessment, with weekly, fortnightly and monthly payment plans to pay the remaining fees.