This qualification is suitable for small business managers who use well developed skills and a broad knowledge base to solve a range of unpredictable problems and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have responsibility for the output of others.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Occupational titles may include:
- Small business owner
- Small business manager
- Small business employee
This course is delivered via blended model, predominately offered using electronic based delivery, with Trainers/Assessors being available Monday – Friday between 8:30am – 4:30pm through email and/or telephone.
- Online delivery for 10 units of competency
- Office/business workplace, or for students whom do not have access to office/business workplace, DP training offers business/office classroom simulated environment at DP training locations
- The opportunity to attend trainer-led study support sessions every Wednesday (9:00am – 3:00pm) for the duration of your course
- Self-paced (up to 12 months to complete)
- Rolling intake, start anytime!
All learners will be offered the opportunity for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment, who consider that they have and can successfully demonstrate that they have acquired through formal, non-formal and informal learning the required knowledge and skills specified in the training package. Learners may apply to have their knowledge and skills assessed via the RPL process and will be required to complete a RPL Application and the relevant RPL Assessment Kit.
- Sunshine Coast
- Gold Coast
Course Entry Requirements
- be over 15 years of age, whom have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
Course Structure – BSB42518 Certificate IV in Small Business
This qualification is made up of 10 units of competency (4 core, 6 elective) which reflect the needs of industry.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBSMB404||Undertake small business planning|
|BSBSMB415||Refine and strengthen a small business|
|BSBSMB421||Manage small business finances|
|BSBSMB423||Create a digital technology plan for small business|
|BSBSMB401||Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business|
|BSBSMB409||Build and maintain relationships with small business stakeholders|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs|
|BSBLDR401||Communicate effectively as a workplace leader|
|BSBMKG413||Promote products and services|
# Students are required to complete all units listed. The course is expected to be completed in a maximum of twelve months. To attain the certificate all assessments and office/business workplace environment hours are required to be completed.
Students will be provided with all the Student Learning and Assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
Please be advised the following documents will be required to be submitted with your enrolment:
- Proof of ID+ residency: Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (If passport provided please provide a copy of bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address)
- Proof of citizenship: Colour copy of either: current green Medicare card; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- A colour copy of your Centrelink health care card or pension card if applicable
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia
- National Police Check Certificate (Required before Vocational Placement can commence). (DP Training can process an application on your behalf – additional fee charged for the police check $49.90) (Class based delivery)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
If you do not hold a USI Number or have forgotten your USI Number, please visit the link provided below: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi
Fee For Service (not eligible for government funding)
- A Full Fee paying student – total course fee $2650
- RPL assessment ONLY – total course fee $1500
- Gap training – $100 per unit
To commence a $250 deposit is required prior to commencing training and assessment, with weekly, fortnightly and monthly payment plans to pay the remaining fees.
Queensland Government Funding
Higher Level Skills Funding, a Queensland Government Initiative
The Higher Level Skills Program aims to assist individuals to gain the higher level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in a priority industry, or to transition to university.
DP Training is able to offer Queensland Government funding to eligible students, under the Higher Level skills Program. If a person is eligible for funding under Higher Level skills Program, the Queensland Government will subsidise the costs of their accredited training, although a student contribution fee will be required.
Call DP Training to check if you meet the eligibility criteria, the student contribution fee # can be as little as $65 for a concession card holder or $95 for non-concession enrolment.
For further information on the Certificate IV Higher Level Skills program, refer to https://training.qld.gov.au/providers/funded/higher-level-skills