This skill set reflects the skills requirements for case management work in the health or community sector. This Case Management skill set is suitable for those seeking to up skill toward the role of a coordinator or case manager or to improve knowledge and skills for those already holding this position.
This skill set is to support those that already hold a Certificate lll Qualification in this sector and who are an existing worker in the field to expand their skills and knowledge to provide case management within a variety of settings including Community Services, NDIS, Home Care.
Occupational titles for existing
workers may include:
- Case Manager
- Team Leader
- Disability Support Worker
- Client Liaison Officer
- Youth Worker
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area of community services and health. Participants will need to complete Four (4) units of competency, detailed below.
CHCCSM004 Coordinate complex case requirements
CHCCCM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
CHCCCS004 Assess co-exiting needs
CHCCCSM006 Provide case management supervision
Course Duration and Delivery
- Course Duration 224 hours.
- Delivery is via a Blended delivery modes
- This course will be delivered predominately using Distance Education delivery with learners participating in scheduled Practical simulated workshops, in order to demonstrate that skills have been learnt and assessed in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions.
- Distance Education Delivery Mode
- Learner will be provided with the training and assessment resource materials
- Trainers/Assessors will be available through D P Training email and telephone during business hours – Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm to assist with learner’s questions and enquiries.
- Classroom – Practical simulated workshops OR Workplace Delivery Mode
- DP Training will provide training and assessment of learners in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions and meets the skill requirements for each Unit of Competency. This will meet the Assessment Conditions as described in the training package.
- These practical simulated workshops will be available for learners to attend throughout the year scheduled for – Wednesdays –from 1.00pm – 4:00pm in the Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast Campuses.
- These practical workshops will be conducted to learners to ensure that all aspects of the performance evidence for each UoC has been demonstrated
- DP Training will provide 4 x 4 hour practical workplace delivery for employers whom seek to up skill their community services and/or health care staff, at the employer’s workplace
- All course requirements must be completed within a period of six months
- DP Training accepts and provides credit transfers to learners whom have authenticated and verified VET transcripts and AQF certification documentation issued by another Registered Training Organisation.
- All learners will be offered the opportunity for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment, who consider that they have and can successfully demonstrate that they have acquired through formal, non-formal and informal learning the required knowledge and skills specified in the training package. Learners may apply to have their knowledge and skills assessed via the RPL process and will be required to complete a RPL Application and the relevant RPL Assessment Kit
Queensland Residents ONLY
Queensland Government – Higher Level Skills Funding
Learners will be required to meet the Higher Level Skills Funding eligibility requirements and to contribute to the costs of their training through a co-contribution fee.
Learners will be required to be an existing worker in the Community Services and Health industry.
and hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in the industry.
The co-contribution fees are:
- Concessional – $15.00
- Non-concessional – $20.00
Fee for Service
$960 with the provision that:
- $250.00 must be paid as a deposit prior to the commencement of training and assessment delivery, The remainder must be paid prior to the release of unit two