This skill set reflects the skill requirements for workers wanting to develop the skills to assist people with disability that display behaviours of concern. This skill set is to support those workers that already hold a Certificate lll Qualification in the direct client care or support sector and who are an existing worker in the field and wish to expand their skills and knowledge to assist people with disability that display behaviours of concern.
Occupational titles for existing workers may include:
- Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Assistant in Nursing
- Care worker
- Disability Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Personal Care Attendant
Course Duration – 22 Hours
This course is delivered via blended model which includes;
- Online delivery for four units of competency
- One day per week Trainer led support sessions with trainer 9.00am – 3:00pm
- Practical Simulation 4 hours
- Workplace Assessment will include on-the-job activities on actual clients of a workplace, under the direct supervision of a Trainer/Assessor.
Course Structure – CHCSS00096 Disability Work— Behaviour Support Skill Set
In order to gain the Skill Set, 2 units of competency must be completed for this qualification.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|CHCDIS002||Follow established person-centred behaviour supports|
|CHCDIS006||Develop and promote positive person-centred behaviour supports|
# To receive an award for this skill set Students are required to complete all units listed above as competent within a period of 12 months.
Students will be provided with all the Student training and assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The target learner are people whom are new or are an existing worker in the community services & health industry in a role that involves the provision of direct client care and support. The target learners and entry requirements for this course must:
- hold a Certificate lll in Individual Support (or equivalent)
- be over 15 years of age, whom have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have
- access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
- Photo Identification (Drivers Licence or Passport)
- All Completed forms from the enrolment pack
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
- Sunshine Coast
- Gold Coast
Queensland Residents ONLY
Queensland Government – Higher Level Skills Funding
Learners will be required to meet the Higher Level Skills Funding eligibility requirements and to contribute to the costs of their training through a co-contribution fee.
Learners will be required to be an existing worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants.
The co-contribution fees are:
- Concessional – $15.00
- Non-concessional – $20.00
*Full Fee for Service Program Fee: $485
*For full fee deposit and payment options, please refer to Fees policy and procedure in Student handbook – https://www.dptraining.com.au