This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. It is likely that these individuals are establishing their own work performance. Individuals in these roles carry out a range of routine procedural, clerical, administrative or operational tasks that require technology and business skills. They apply a broad range of competencies using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however the preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business or other relevant qualification
- with vocational experience assisting in a range of support roles without a formal business qualification.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Occupational titles may include:
- customer service adviser
- data entry operator
- general clerk
- payroll officer
- word processing operator
This course is delivered via blended model, predominately offered using electronic based delivery, with Trainers/Assessors being available Monday – Friday between 8:30am – 4:30pm through email and/or telephone.
- Online delivery for 13 units of competency
- Office/business workplace, or for students whom do not have access to office/business workplace, DP training offers business/office classroom simulated environment at DP training locations
- The opportunity to attend trainer-led study support sessions every Wednesday (9:00am – 12:00pm) for the duration of your course
- Self-paced (up to 12 months to complete)
- Rolling intake, start anytime!
All learners will be offered the opportunity for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment, who consider that they have and can successfully demonstrate that they have acquired through formal, non-formal and informal learning the required knowledge and skills specified in the training package. Learners may apply to have their knowledge and skills assessed via the RPL process and will be required to complete a RPL Application and the relevant RPL Assessment Kit.
- National Delivery
- Brisbane – 162 Abbotsford Road, Bowen Hills QLD 4006
- Gold Coast – Unit 7, 52 Davenport Street, Southport QLD 4215
Course Entry Requirements
- be over 15 years of age, whom have finished or left secondary school
- undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Skills Indicator assessment questionnaire
- have technological skills to undertake computer/online work and have access to a computer and software with the following minimum specifications
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later, or Mac OS X or above; Microsoft Office or equivalent and Adobe Acrobat Reader/Adobe Flash Player and up to date internet browser
Course Structure – BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Administration)
This qualification is made up of 13 units of competency (6 core, 7 electives) which reflect the needs of industry.
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Core / Elective|
|BSBCRT311||Apply Critical thinking skills in a team environment||Core|
|BSBPEF201||Support personal wellbeing in the workplace||Core|
|BSBSUS211||Participate in sustainable work practices||Core|
|BSBTWK301||Use inclusive work practices||Core|
|BSBWHS311||Assist with maintaining workplace safety||Core|
|BSBXCM301||Engage in workplace communication||Core|
|BSBDAT201||Collect and record data||Elective|
|BSBWRT311||Write simple documents||Elective|
|BSBSTR301||Contribute to continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBFIN301||Process financial transactions||Electives|
|BSBINS202||Handle receipt and dispatch of information||Elective|
|BSBOPS301||Maintain business resources||Elective|
# Students are required to complete all units listed. The course is expected to be completed in a maximum of twelve months. To attain the certificate all assessments and office/business workplace environment hours are required to be completed.
Students will be provided with all the Student Learning and Assessment materials for each unit of competency required to complete the course.
Please be advised the following documents will be required to be submitted with your enrolment:
- Proof of ID+ residency: Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (If passport provided please provide a copy of bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address)
- Proof of citizenship: Colour copy of either: current green Medicare card; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate
- Unique Student Identification Number (USI)
- A colour copy of your Centrelink health care card or pension card if applicable
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia
- National Police Check Certificate (Required before Vocational Placement can commence).
- Completed Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Indicator
If you do not hold a USI Number or have forgotten your USI Number, please visit the link provided below: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-usi
Fee For Service (not eligible for government funding)
- A Full Fee paying student – total course fee $1980
- RPL assessment ONLY – total course fee $1500
- Gap training – $100 per unit
To commence a $250 deposit is required prior to commencing training and assessment, with weekly, fortnightly and monthly payment plans to pay the remaining fees.
Queensland Government Funding
Certificate 3 Guarantee Funding, a Queensland Government Initiative
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification and increase your skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance your career. It also supports school students to access training and Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing free training in high priority qualifications.
DP Training is able to offer Queensland Government funding to eligible students, under the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy. If a person is eligible for funding under Certificate 3 Guarantee, the Queensland Government will subsidise the costs of their accredited training, although a student co-contribution fee will be required.
Call DP Training to check if you meet the eligibility criteria or answer the questions below. The student co-contribution fee can be as little as $65 for a concession card holder or $95 for non-concession enrolment.